Saturday, December 17, 2005

part 15

"Ok" Gina said wheeling over Olivia in her carriage

 

"Will you guys build me a castle?" I said handing Bailey shovel

 

"CASTLE!" Bailey yelled clapping

 

"Mama, Dig" Maggie said

 

"Ok Ok" I said digging through the sand

 

"So Any luck on the job hunt?" Annie asked

 

"Not really,I'm going from being Senior Editor of one the top-rated Magazines to going back to being a columnist, it's a huge step down the ladder and a heck of a pay cut". I said

 

"Why did you leave the magazine?" Gina asked taking Olivia out of her carriage 

 

"I left because i'd taken two maternity leaves and with John's accident, it would be more time away and i couldn't do that, it wouldn't be fair." I said watching Maggie and Bailey play

 

"It still doesn't make sense to me" Gina said

 

"I know me either but what am i going to do?" I said taking Olivia out of her stroller.

 

"Good point."  Annie said standing up and brushing the sand off her jeans

 

"Ok guys, what do you say we eat lunch then go get Daddy's present?" I said putting Olivia on my hip

 

"Yayy!" Bailey clapped

 

"Mama, look at the kitty!" Maggie said pointing to a stray cat

 

"That's good, honeybunny but we have to go" I said putting Olivia into her car seat

 

"But Mama, can we pet the kitty please?" Maggie said tugging on my jeans

 

"Mags,we have to go..we have to go eat then we're gonna go visit Daddy and your aunt Catie is coming into town with your Uncle Will,who'll be so excited to see you!" I said buckling Oliva,"So we have to go..Maggie?"  I turned around and realized she wasn't behind me,"Maggie?"

 

But she was gone

 

"Maggie!" I called,"Maggie Elizabeth!" I picked up Bailey and ran around the playground

 

"What's wrong?" Annie asked getting out of the car

 

"Maggie's gone!" I said panicking

 

"She was just here.." Annie said,"MAGGIE!" 

 

We ran around the playground

 

No comments: